Due to COVID-19, Rural Grocery Initiative staff continue to work remotely. To get in touch with us, please email email@example.com and will respond promptly to that email.
This eight-part webinar series will present the steps for completing a successful grocery business transition. In many cases, some form of community or shared ownership model provides a viable opportunity for maintaining a vibrant rural grocery store. Each webinar will explore a different topic pertinent to successful business transitions.
This series is free and open to the public. Save your spot by registering today.
All webinars will be held on Thursdays at 1:30pm central using Zoom.
1. January 28 Grocery Business Transition Planning: An Overview
2. February 4 Understanding Grocery Ownership Models
3. February 11 Preparing for Business Transition
4. February 18 Assessing Markets & Community Needs
5. February 25 Planning your Business
6. March 4 Funding the Transition
7. March 11 Recruiting Store Managers
8. March 18 Mastering Grocery Store Nuts & Bolts
For guidance on Coronavirus (COVID-19) for retailers, click here.
Kansas Healthy Food Initiative
The Kansas Healthy Food Initiative (KHFI) is a public-private partnership that aims to increase access to affordable, healthy food in low-resource and underserved communities across Kansas. The Rural Grocery Initiative serves as the Food Access Organization for this program.
This video introduces the KHFI program and explains how to apply for funding or technical assistance.
For more information about KHFI, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.