Registration Now Open and Call for Proposals Announced - National Rural Grocery Summit VII
CALL FOR PROPOSALS DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 14TH.
We hope you will join us for the 7th National Rural Grocery Summit being held in Manhattan, KS on June 8-9, 2020. Please visit here for more information.
Please note that all presenters, except keynote presenters, must register and pay the registration fee.
Online Registration Instructions:
- To register as an Attendee, please click “2020 National Rural Grocery Summit VII”.
- Scroll down and make your selections. Click the “Add to Cart” button at the bottom of the page.
- At the bottom of the shopping cart section, click “Sign In or Create Profile.”Returning customers should sign in with their username and password. New customers should click “Create Profile” to set up account information. After completing the customer profile, select “submit.”
- Verify that your name and selections are listed. Continue by clicking the “Checkout” button.
- Provide additional information (attendance at lunch and dietary restrictions). Continue by clicking the“Continue” button.
- On the Billing Information page, select pay by credit/debit card OR invoice me. Then click the “Next” button.
- On the Summary Review page, review your order. Click “Submit Order” to finalize registration. An order confirmation will be sent to the email address listed on your registration.
If you have questions or need assistance with registration, please contact the Conference Registration Office at (785) 532-5569 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional Rural Grocery Workshops
The Kansas State University's Center for Engagement and Community Development will be hosting a series of Rural Grocery Workshops in the Regions around the state. These workshops will feature guest speakers from Associated Wholesale Grocers, local grocery store owners, USDA Rural Development, Kansas Healthy Food Initiative, NetWork Kansas, and Kansas State Research and Extension. The focus of the workshops is to provide information, funding opportunities, and networking to local grocery store owners and managers. There is no cost to attend and lunch is provided.
Save the Date: June 8-9, 2020 for the National Rural Grocery Summit VII
To view presentations from previous years, please click here.
St. John Success Story
St. John's only grocery store closed in 2016, but residents did not lose hope for getting a grocery store back in their town. The story of opening a grocery store in St. John shows the importance of knowing the numbers, seeking strategic external partners, and being persistent. Read more about this St. John Success Story here.
The Kansas Healthy Food Initiative (KHFI) is a public-private partnership that aims to increase access to affordable healthy food to improve the health and economic development of Kansans and their communities. This video introduces the KHFI program and explains how to apply for funding or technical assistance.
For more information about the KHFI, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 785-532-6868.