Suppliers & Relevant Trade Associations
Associated Wholesale Grocers (AWG): AWG is the nation's largest cooperative food wholesaler to independently owned supermarkets, serving over 1,100 member companies and over 3,000 locations throughout 28 states from 8 full-line wholesale divisions.
Several AWG warehouses distribute to Kansas stores including the following locations:
Affiliated Foods, Inc. - Amarillo, TX: Affiliated Foods is a leading wholesale distribution cooperative that supplies grocery stores and restaurants in about a half a dozen states, including Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Kansas.
Affiliated Foods distributes to stores in the Southwest and South-Central regions of Kansas.
Spartan Nash: SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor — supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States — as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 company-owned stores in nine states.
Their Omaha, NE location distributes to stores in Northeast and North-Central regions of Kansas.
Convenience store distributors
Cash-Wa Distributing: Cash-Wa Distributing is a family-owned company with three distribution centers in Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota, a modern fleet of trucks and trailers, several sales offices within the 11 Great Plain States plus Cash & Carry stores. Cash-Wa is the 18th largest Broadline Foodservice Distributor in the nation, have an inventory of over 20,000 SKUs and deliver in all or part of the 11 states.
Cash-Wa's facility in Kearney, NE distributes to northern Kansas stores.
EVCO Wholesale Food Corporation: Kansas' largest family owned and operated foodservice distribution company, EVCO proudly serves restaurants, schools, healthcare facilities....Everyone involved in the foodservice industry, with quality products and quality services. Based in Emporia, KS.
|F & A Food Sales, Inc.: Provides distribution services to restaurants, schools, health care, state institutions and prisons, grocery and convenience stores, drug stores and more.|
|St. Joe Distributing is a full service convenience store supplier with additional line of groceries, concessions, and food service.|
Natural and organic distributors
Azure Standard: Azure Standard specializes in natural, organic, earth-friendly foods and products. It delivers directly to customers, buying clubs and retailers by semi truck and UPS.
Dutch Valley Foods is a wholesale food distributor specializing in bulk foods to service country stores, bulk food stores, bakeries, farmers' markets, roadside stands, supermarkets, and the gift basket industry.
|KeHe Distributors LLC: KeHE is an employee-owned company that distributes natural & organic, specialty and fresh products to retailers across the U.S. and Canada. Kehe's distribution centers in Dallas, TX and Aurora, CO serve Kansas stores.|
UNFI is a grocery industry leader and is known for being the premier wholesale food & meat distributor of wholesale bulk food & products.
Kansas Local Foods
|From the Land of Kansas™: Connects food producers, food businesses, farmers markets, and consumers in Kansas.|
Relevant Grocery Trade Associations
- Each of these associations have a membership component and they also a provide relevant education and training. Whether you are a member or not, it can be helpful to keep an eye out on the information that these organizations are sharing.
- National Grocers Association
- The National Grocers Association (NGA) is the national trade association representing the retail and wholesale grocers that comprise the independent sector of the food distribution industry.
- Independent Grocer Association
- The Independent Grocer Association (IGA) is the national trade association representing the retail and wholesale grocers that comprise the independent sector of the food distribution industry.
- National Retail Federation
- The National Retail Federation (NRF) is the world’s largest retail trade association. Every day, NRF stands up for, celebrates, educates and inspires the people who power the retail industry.