Webinars & Workshops
Webinar 5: Planning Your Business
With a change in store ownership comes the need to develop a business plan. This plan will help guide new owners and store managers into the future, as well as promote the business to potential partners and funders. There are many things to consider: what is the market like, what costs should you expect, what offerings could you provide in addition to grocery? Join NetWork Kansas, the Kansas Small Business Development Center, and the Rural Grocery Initiative to learn how to get started on your business plan.
- NetWork Kansas Overview (pdf)
- Teck Farms Success Story (pdf)
- Business Startup Checklist, SBDC (pdf)
- Business Planning Tool, SBDC
- Business Plan Guidelines, SBDC (pdf)
- Customer Persona Template, SBDC (pdf)
- SWOT Analysis Template, SBDC (pdf)
- Census Business Builder
- Financial Projections Spreadsheet, SBDC (excel)
- IbisWorld Industry Report for Groceries (pdf)
- IbisWorld Industry Report for Convenience Stores (pdf)
- Grocery Store Startup and Operations Guide (pdf)
- Ace Hardware for Grocery Stores
Sponsors and Partners
This webinar series is sponsored by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation through the Heartland Challenge.
It is presented by the Rural Grocery Initiative, in partnership with Kansas State Research and Extension, NetWork Kansas, the Kansas Rural Center, the Food Co-Op Initiative, and the Kansas Center for Business Transition.